Below are some carefully selected resources related to the dental hygiene profession as well as links to other helpful online resources.
- American Academy of Dental Hygiene (AADH)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA)
- American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry (AAPHD)
- Illinois Dental Hygienists Association
- Indiana Dental Hygienists Association
Other Online Resources
- Glossary of Dental and Administrative Terms – American Dental Association
- Prescribers’ Digital Reference – Drug guide
- Merck Manual – Drug guide with information on health topics
- Dentistry IQ – Hygiene Department – Articles written with a focus toward dental hygiene students
- Dentistry Today – Clinical news magazine
- Hygienetown – Continuing Education (CE) site with online magazine
- Dental Economics – Focus is on practice management in dental offices. Also includes online version of magazine.
- DH Education – Comprehensive website dedicated to providing online resources for dental hygiene students. This website is maintained by Margaret Fehrenbach, who is an accomplished author and dental hygienist, and has written some of the texts you use in your courses! This is a great resource to look for online information!
- Medline Plus – Links to information on diseases, drugs, and organizations. A trusted government resource.
- Nutrition Research Guide – College of DuPage – Developed by librarians at the College of DuPage, this guide contains links to various government websites related to nutrition.
- Cochrane Library of Systematic Reviews – Under “Cochrane Reviews,” select “Browse by Topic” and then “Dentistry and Oral Health.”
- PubMed – Comprehensive medical database offered by the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes abstracts and some full-text articles of many biomedical journals.
- TRIP Database – Research database focusing on evidence-based medicine (EBM)
- ClinicalTrials.gov – Searchable database of clinical and private trials
- DentalCare.com – Research database with articles focusing on ingredients and products manufactured by Crest and Oral-B
- Evidence-Based Dentistry Tutorial – Provided by the University of Illinois-Chicago Library of the Health Sciences
- National Center for Dental Hygiene Research
- Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry – American Dental Association
Below is a link to a database of articles from the Digital Commons Network specifically aimed at Dentistry topics. If you find that PubMed and Google Scholar are not working for you, try this and other databases of full-text articles below for your research.