Below are some carefully selected resources related to the dental hygiene profession as well as links to other helpful online resources.
- American Academy of Dental Hygiene (AADH)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA)
- American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry (AAPHD)
- Illinois Dental Hygienists Association
- Indiana Dental Hygienists Association
Other Online Resources
- Glossary of Dental and Administrative Terms – American Dental Association
- Prescribers’ Digital Reference – Drug guide
- Merck Manual – Drug guide with information on health topics
- Dentistry IQ – Hygiene Department – Articles written with a focus toward dental hygiene students
- Dentistry Today – Clinical news magazine
- Hygienetown – Continuing Education (CE) site with online magazine
- Dental Economics – Focus is on practice management in dental offices. Also includes online version of magazine.
- Medline Plus – Links to information on diseases, drugs, and organizations. A trusted government resource.
- Nutrition Research Guide – College of DuPage – Developed by librarians at the College of DuPage, this guide contains links to various government websites related to nutrition.
- Cochrane Library of Systematic Reviews – Under “Cochrane Reviews,” select “Browse by Topic” and then “Dentistry and Oral Health.”
- PubMed – Comprehensive medical database offered by the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes abstracts and some full-text articles of many biomedical journals.
- TRIP Database – Research database focusing on evidence-based medicine (EBM)
- ClinicalTrials.gov – Searchable database of clinical and private trials
- DentalCare.com – Research database with articles focusing on ingredients and products manufactured by Crest and Oral-B
- National Center for Dental Hygiene Research
- Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry – American Dental Association
Below are links to open-access articles specifically aimed at Dentistry topics. If you find that PubMed and Google Scholar are not working for you, try this and other databases of full-text articles below for your research.