Below are some carefully selected resources related to the OTA profession as well as links to other helpful online resources.
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- American Occupational Therapy Foundation (AOTF)
- Illinois Occupational Therapy Association (ILOTA)
- Indiana Occupational Therapy Association (INOTA)
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT)
Other Online Resources
- Get Body Smart – Animations, quizzes, and narrations for human anatomy & physiology.
- Prescribers’ Digital Reference – An online informational database for drugs, symptoms, etc.
- ICD-10 – The International Classification of Diseases diagnostic tool from the World Health Organization
- National Institutes of Health Information
- Medline Plus
- National Rehabilitation Information Center
- AbleData – Objective info on assistive technology products and equipment.
- OT Plan – Activities centered on pediatric OT
OTCATS – Occupational Therapy Critically Appraised Topics– website down
- OT Seeker – Free database containing abstracts of systematic reviews & randomized control trials.
- PubMed – Citations & abstracts for many medical journals with some full-text
- PEDro – Physiotherapy database with trials and systematic reviews related to OT
- Evidence-Based Practice & PICO(T) Guide – NYU Libraries
- Evidence-Based Practice Guide – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee – Comprehensive library guide that includes resources and access to informational resources related to EBM in occupational therapy.
- Cochrane Library
- NBCOT – National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Therapy Scout – Information on jobs for OTA’s, OT’s and PT’s and PTA’s.
Below are links to open access articles which do not require a subscription to view. They are peer-reviewed by experts in the field. If you find that PubMed and Google Scholar are not working for you, try these links below for your research.