- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Student Membership in the American Physical Therapy Association
- Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA)
- Indiana Physical Therapy Association (INPTA)
- World Confederation of Physical Therapy (WCPT)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Therapy
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialities (ABPTS)
- Foundation for Physical Therapy
- National Rehabilitation Association
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy – Organization that offers information relating to the state licensing examination for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants – the NPTE.
Other Online Resources
- Prescribers’ Digital Reference – An online informational database for drugs, symptoms, etc.
- Merck Manual Professional – Online medical textbook with topics on drugs, diseases, etc.
- The McKenzie Institute – Website devoted to the McKenzie Method in assessing and treating musculoskeletal disorders.
- Evidence-Based Practice/Medicine – This library guide from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill gives a good overview of EBM/EBP and also how to formulate a PICO question.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews – A database focusing on tiered evidence for many different types of fields, including Physical Therapy.
- TRIP Database – Research database focusing on evidence-based medicine (EBM). Includes a search function for formulating your PICO question.
- PubMed – Resource from the National Library of Medicine that includes many citations and abstracts from hundreds of medical and biomedical literature (please make sure to limit your search results to “Free Full Text”)
- Center for Evidence-Based Medicine – An organization from within the University of Oxford, this page provides a tutorial on how to formulate a PICO question and asking focused questions.
- PT Haven – Has links to anatomy and physiology websites as well as other physical therapy resources.
- Health Information Translations – Website providing translations of health information in multiple languages
- EthnoMed – This website offers patient information related to international cultures.
- PT Talk – Blog from the Advance for Physical Therapists and Assistants magazine
- Move Forward PT – Consumer health information site of the APTA.
- PT Now – Portal to Evidence-Based Resources for Physical Therapy (must have a membership to the APTA)
- HON Foundation – The Health on the Net Foundation offers linking to credible sources of information that must meet a certain criteria.
- Therapy Scout – Information on jobs for PT’s, PTA’s, OT’s and OTA’s.
- ICD-10 – The International Classification of Diseases diagnostic tool from the World Health Organization
Below is a link to a database of articles from the Digital Commons Network specifically aimed at topics in Physical Therapy. If you find that PubMed and Google Scholar are not working for you, try this database of full-text articles for your research.