Below are some carefully selected resources related to the veterinary technology profession as well as links to other helpful online resources.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Student Membership in AVMA
- National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA)
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) – for VTNE, licensing and state regulatory information
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association
- Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association (ISVMA)
- Indiana Veterinary Medical Association (INVMA)
- Veterinary Careers – The Best Schools – Website offering information on veterinary careers and where to find degree programs
Other Online Resources
- Vet Technicians Library – A comprehensive resource with links to many different credible sites on many different subjects within veterinary medicine. (NEW!!)
- Cat Breeds – Pet Med – An encyclopedia of cat breeds
- Dog Breeds – Pet Med – An encyclopedia of dog breeds
- IDEXX Learning Center – An online learning center offering continuing education and tutorials, webinars and classes in various subjects relating to small animals.
- Veterinary Abbreviations & Acronyms Guide – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library
- Merck Veterinary Manual – for drug information
- VIN News (Veterinary Information Network) – For Veterinarians, by Veterinarians. This is a comprehensive professional news website.
- VSPN (Veterinary Support Personnel Network) – aimed specifically at veterinary technicians and assistants.
- WhereVetTechsConnect – Comprehensive job board and employer connection website.
- VMD Technology – A blog website focusing on technology in veterinary medicine. Also has a list of top vet tech resources.
- Pet Microchip Lookup – provided by the American Animal Hospital Association
- The Center for Food Security and Public Health – Iowa State University – offering information on all kinds of zoonotic and infectious diseases in animals.
- Medline Plus – Pet Health – offering information on the safety and well-being of pets
- Veterinary Medicine Guide – Iowa State University – This library guide from ISU offers a wealth of other helpful online resources related to veterinary medicine.
- TOXNET – A resource provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine offering information on toxins and hazardous chemicals.
- Vet Library Online – An open community for veterinarians and veterinary technicians. Free account required to access resources.
- Free Animal Health Resources – Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine Library – This page offered by the Cornell VetMed Library offers links to free, authoritative information on various aspects of veterinary medicine.
Below is a link to a database of articles from the Digital Commons Network specifically aimed at topics in Veterinary Medicine. If you find that PubMed and Google Scholar are not working for you, try this and other databases below of full-text articles for your research.