Below are some carefully selected resources related to the veterinary technology profession as well as links to other helpful online resources.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Student Membership in AVMA
- National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA)
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) – for VTNE, licensing and state regulatory information
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association
- Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association (ISVMA)
- Indiana Veterinary Medical Association (INVMA)
- Veterinary Careers – The Best Schools – Website offering information on veterinary careers and where to find degree programs
Other Online Resources
- Black’s Veterinary Dictionary– A dictionary to be used as a reference tool for all with a professional or leisure interest in the care of animals.
- Vet Tech Tools – Created by a current Vet Tech student, this website focuses on various topics related to veterinary technology. A great study resource. (NEW!!)
- Vet Technicians Library – A comprehensive resource with links to many different credible sites on many different subjects within veterinary medicine. (NEW!!)
- Cat Breeds – Pet Med – An encyclopedia of cat breeds
- Dog Breeds – Pet Med – An encyclopedia of dog breeds
- IDEXX Learning Center – An online learning center offering continuing education and tutorials, webinars and classes in various subjects relating to small animals.
- Veterinary Abbreviations & Acronyms Guide – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library
- Merck Veterinary Manual – for drug information
- VIN News (Veterinary Information Network) – For Veterinarians, by Veterinarians. This is a comprehensive professional news website.
- VSPN (Veterinary Support Personnel Network) – aimed specifically at veterinary technicians and assistants.
- WhereVetTechsConnect – Comprehensive job board and employer connection website.
- VMD Technology – A blog website focusing on technology in veterinary medicine. Also has a list of top vet tech resources.
- Pet Microchip Lookup – provided by the American Animal Hospital Association
- The Center for Food Security and Public Health – Iowa State University – offering information on all kinds of zoonotic and infectious diseases in animals.
- Medline Plus – Pet Health – offering information on the safety and well-being of pets
- Veterinary Medicine Guide – Iowa State University – This library guide from ISU offers a wealth of other helpful online resources related to veterinary medicine.
- TOXNET – A resource provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine offering information on toxins and hazardous chemicals.
- Vet Library Online – An open community for veterinarians and veterinary technicians. Free account required to access resources.
- Free Animal Health Resources – Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine Library – This page offered by the Cornell VetMed Library offers links to free, authoritative information on various aspects of veterinary medicine.
- Veterinary Assistant Career Guide – The U.S. Career Institute provides information about careers in Vet Tech and Veterinary Assistants. Here you will find information about the job description/responsibilities and other additional resources about these careers.
Below are links to databases that provide open-access articles. These do not require a subscription to view them. If you find that PubMed and Google Scholar are not working for you, try this and other databases below of full-text articles for your research.